Independent vs. Guided Kayaking
Whether you are a skilled kayaker or have never kayaked before, our expert Guides will take care of your comfort and safety.
- Availability: All year
- Best For: Local knowledge and safety
- Walking Time: Kayak and walk options
- Kayaking Time: Itinerary dependent
- Cost: Itinerary dependent
To ensure your safety and make sure you get the most out of your visit to our spectacular coast, we only rent kayaks accompanied by our highly skilled guides.
Abel Tasman National Park is an idyllic sea kayaking region with some of the best weather in the country, but sea conditions can change rapidly. Tidal conditions along the coast require expert local knowledge to get the most out each day and to experience some unique features that cannot be seen on certain tides.
Whether you are a skilled kayaker, or never kayaked before, our expert Guides are trained to show you the best of the National Park while taking care of your comfort and safety.
All our kayak trips include the latest kayak gear:
- Stable double kayak
- Spray jacket
- Buoyancy aid
- Dry bags for spare clothing and camera gear but please note we cannot guarantee to keep sensitive electronic equipment dry
- Maximum 8 people per Guide