Terms & Conditions
Wilsons Abel Tasman is the trading name for Abel Tasman Wilson's Experiences Limited.
- If paying by credit card, the name that will appear on the cardholder's statement will be Wilsons Abel Tasman
- All prices on this website are quoted in New Zealand dollars and include GST.
- Advance bookings are recommended for all our boat services. To confirm your reservation full payment must be received.
- For overnight trips, reservations can be confirmed with a deposit of NZ$100 per person, with the balance due 60 days prior to departure.
Changes To Bookings
Please contact us as soon as possible if you need to change a booking. We will do our best to meet your needs, However we reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee if any part of the booking is cancelled.
Standard Day Trip Fares Cancellation Conditions
Day Trip Cancellations
- Up to 12 hours before departure time: rebooking at no extra cost or refund less 10% booking fee
- Within 12 hours of depature: rebooking at no extra cost or refund less 50%
- After departure time: rebooking at no extra cost or NO REFUND
3-Day Explorer Pass Cancellation Conditions
- Valid for 3 days unlimited Vista Cruise travel within a 5-day period, from first date of travel
- No refund on or after the first date of travel
- Not transferable (signature of traveller required for validation)
Day Trip Guided Sea Kayak Cancellation Conditions
If guest chooses to cancel:
- Up to 24 hours before departure time, rebooking at no extra cost or refund less 10% booking fee
- Within 12-24 hours before departure time, 10% rebooking fee or refund less 50%
- Within 12 hours of departure or after departure time, NO REFUND or rebooking
Cancellation by the Guide:
At 8.30 am, your Kayak Guide will assess weather conditions and decide if the trip will go ahead. If the trip is cancelled by the Guide, kayakers will have the following choices:
- Cancel the day's outing for a full refund
- Choose a boat trip or Cruise & Walk option (with or without a Guide). You will be refunded the cost of the Kayak Trip less the price of the alternate trip chosen and any food costs
- Must be prepaid
- Non refundable or transferable within 16 hours of departure
Overnight Trip Cancellations
- 91+ days prior to departure - no fee
- 90-60 days prior to departure - NZD100.00 per person applies
- 59-30 days prior to departure - 30% of total package cost applies
- 29-10 days prior to departure - 50% of total package cost applies
- 9-0 days prior to departure - 100% of total package cost applies
- After tour commencement - no refund available.
A discount to the value of the cancellation fee charged may be applied to a future guided walk or Sea Kayaking booking made within 3 years of the cancelled departure. The discount will apply to the specific person/persons covered by the original booking and to each season's brochured price.
We recommend that all customers have an up to date travel insurance arrangement in case of unforeseen circumstances.
Single Day Sea Kayak Trips include: Expert Guide provides full training and safety brief. All Kayaking equipment including paddle jacket, buoyancy aid, spray skirt, paddles, waterproof dry bag for camera etc., plastic bags, return boat transfers, commentary brochure & walk map.
All overnight trips include: Meals, share twin/double with ensuite accommodation, bedding, day pack, Lodge luggage bag & transfer of luggage. Launch Cruise, guide, canoes at Lodge (Sea Kayak on Kayaking trip), all Coach Transfers from and to Motueka or Nelson, Launch transport if you choose to shorten any days walking, GST.
Please check-in at the departure point at least 15 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
All multi-day departures are subject to a minimum of 4 people. Prices are subject to tariff increase. The operators reserve the right to alter, amend or cancel any tour should weather or any other situation demand this. Wilsons Abel Tasman finalise all tour arrangements upon the express condition that they will not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, accident, delay or irregularity which may be occasioned, either by reason of weather, or any defect in vehicle, vessel or aircraft or though the acts or defaults of any company or persons engaged in conveying passengers or in carrying out the arrangements of the tours.
All material on this website is copyrighted and cannot be used for any purpose without permission. This website may only be accessed via standard web browsers. Accessing this website via any other method (eg web scraping / automation / simulation) or using this website, or any information from this website as part of any other system without our approval may result in usage charges being levied.
Changes To Terms And Conditions:
Wilsons Abel Tasman reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time, without notifying users of this site.