Abel Tasman Voyager
Operating scheduled Vista Cruise sailings, and special charters, our flagship provides state-of-the-art cruising.
Our flagship, state-of-the-art cruising catamaran sets the standard for water transport in Abel Tasman National Park. Travel in style and comfort with seats around tables on upper and lower viewing decks. Choose from the seasonal menu at the licensed cafe/bar.
The Abel Tasman Voyager Specifications
- Length: 22 metres.
- Capacity: 140 passengers.
- Kevlar/fibreglass/foam composite hull provides strength and stability with reduced weight and wash, resulting in better fuel economy and environmental impact.
- Hyundai L-500, 12.7 litre engines provide 500hp@1800rpm. Speeds up to 20 knots (37 kph) allow for three sailings per day.
- Two decks - lower covered deck and open viewing deck.
- Quality fit-out: cruise and dine seating on upper and lower decks provides extra room for day passengers and is suited to special functions.
- Bow loading ramps for comfortable transfers with less impact on shallow tidal beaches.
100% designed and built in New Zealand:
- Designed by Chris Moors of Catamarans International, Auckland.
- Built by Northern Contract Boatbuilders, Whangarei.
- Finished at Salthouse Boat Builders, Greenhithe.
- Ongoing maintenance at Port Motueka Marine Services (Motueka).