Split Apple Kayak Seals & Walk
Kayak then cruise to Tonga Island. View seals from the boat. Enjoy beach time with an unguided walk.
- Availability: High Season (20 Oct - 31 March)
- Best For: Everything in one day
- Cruise: Kaiteriteri-Tonga 1 hr 30 mins.
Tonga or Medlands return
- Walk: up to 2 hours unguided
- Kayak: 2 hours guided
- Start: 9.00 pm
- Finish: 4.10 or 6.00 pm
- Cost: Adult $160 Child $95 (10-14 yrs)
Paddle azure waters to Split Apple Rock. Cruise the sculpted granite coast, pausing to watch Seals from the boat in Adele Island Marine Reserve. Feel golden sand between your toes and explore lush native forest on a walk from Tonga to Medlands Beach.
Click on the Itinerary Tab (above) for full details.
Prices valid to 30 September 2019.
Other OptionsWe Operate These Options:
9.00 am Check in at our Kaiteriteri ticket booth to meet your Guide.
On the golden sands of Kaiteriteri Beach, your friendly, expert Guide settles you into a stable double kayak with full instructions and safety brief. Then, it's onto the water to explore and have fun, confident you can enjoy a safe paddling experience. Your Guide knows all the best, secret spots taking into account the tides, weather and your interests and abilities with paddling time up to 2 hours. Watch out for our resident Blue Penguins and other sea birds along the coast.
Pause at a sheltered cove for a break before returning to Kaiteriteri around midday where you say farewell to your Guide and swap your kayak gear for walking shoes.
1.00 pm Join our Vista Cruise at Kaiteriteri to cruise the protected waters of the Astrolabe Roadstead into Torrent Bay and continue on to Tonga Island Marine Reserve. Pause to view the antics at the Seal Colony on the island, then disembark on the mainland at historic Tonga Quarry beach. Here you have the choice to relax or take an unguided walk. Your boat hosts will direct you to the start of your walk and greet you at your pick up point.
Coach Connection Option: Walk up to 45 minutes (3 kms, 2 miles).
- Explore the stunning stretches of golden sand and native forest around Onetahuti Bay
- Return to Tonga Quarry for your pickup at 3.00 pm.
- 4.15 pm: Return to Kaiteriteri for you coach connection.
Self Drive Option: (available 20 October to 31 March).
- Walk 2 hours (4.1 kms, 2.5 miles) over the forested Tonga Saddle and around stunning Bark Bay waterfall track with its new swing bridge .
- Continue on to Medlands Beach for your pick up at 5.05 pm.
- 6.00 pm: Return to Kaiteriteri