Pitt Head Loop (Trip #1)
Anchorage Beach stop with walking options to Te Pukatea, one of the Park's most picturesque beaches.
- Availability: All year
- Best For: Panoramic coastal vistas
- Cruise: Kaiteriteri - Anchorage 45 mins each way
- Walk: Totally your choice!
- Start: 9.20am (all year) 10.30am, 1pm (high season)
- Finish: 4.10 (all year) 12.55 or 6pm (high season)
- Cost: From $61 per adult
Cruise through the sheltered waters of the Astrolabe Roadstead to disembark at Anchorage Beach. Then, you can choose to relax or take a walk. Modern Dept. of Conservation facilities at the beach include shelter, picnic tables, flush toilets and filtered drinking water.
Extended Cruise Option: (available 1 October to 30 April) Cruise all the way to Totaranui, pausing to see the seals in Tonga Island Marine Reserve, then return to Anchorage Beach. Cost: from $43 per adult
At Anchorage Beach, your choices include:
- Relax in the sun.
- Find a shady picnic spot.
- Stroll along the extensive golden sands.
- Swim in the calm, azure waters.
- Take a walk to Te Pukatea Bay. See some suggestions at Pitt Head Walk.
*PREPAY online or by phone at least 2 hours before sailing to SAVE $3 PER ADULT ($1.50 per child) off price displayed in booking table.
Departures: 20 October to 31 March
Depart Kaiteriteri 9.20, *10.30am or 1.00pm
Pickup Anchorage 12.20, 2.00, 3.25 or *5.20pm
Return Kaiteriteri 12.55, 2.40, 4.15 or *6.00pm
*No bus connection with later pickup.
*Shoulder Season (1-19 October and 1-30 April) no 6.00 pm pickup.
Departures: 1 May to 30 September
Depart Kaiteriteri 9.20am
Pickup Anchorage 3.30pm
Return Kaiteriteri 4.15pm