Great Walk New Zealand's Finest Coast
Abel Tasman National Park
Discover how life just seems better here!
The Abel Tasman Coast Track is New Zealand's most relaxing Great Walk. The track is mostly shaded by lush native forest forest, coming down to sheltered golden-sand beaches. Azure waters are ideal for swimming and kayaking.
- No need for heavy hiking boots on the well-formed track
- Maximum elevation 200 metres (650 ft)
Come with us for your ideal Abel Tasman escape. We share 8 generations of experience on this wonderful coast. Let us help you design each day to suit you.
Treat yourself to ensuite, twin-share accommodation at our Beachfront Lodges. This includes:
- Coach transfers from/to Nelson and Motueka (if required)
- You carry only a a small day pack. Luggage transfers are arranged for you.
- All meals designed by our Chef and served by your Hosts from lunch on your first day to lunch on the final day of your trip: Full cooked or continental breakfast, build-your-lunch including healthy snacks and treats, pre-dinner nibbles followed by a 3-course meal.
- Bedding and linen
- Drying room
- In-house bar (alcoholic and carbonated drinks are the only extra charge).
Three-day trips stay one night at each Beachfront Lodge. Five-day trips stay two nights at each Lodge with time to explore further into the Park, and see regions that many visitors don't get to see. Or you can spend the extra time discovering the art of relaxation by the sea.
You can choose to include a kayaking option for the full experience of the wondrous granite coast. Our Kayak & Walk Breaks operate at the same time as our Walking Breaks. If you are travelling in a group, some of you can choose the walking option and others can choose to include kayaking.
Our Guided trips are for you to share the knowledge and experience of our professional Guides who help you design each day to suit your desired pace of walking, timed around tides and weather conditions. Add fun and comfort to your trip with hot drinks brewed for you on the track. Share a depth of local knowledge to discover a landscape full of stories. Your Guide's First Aid skills and radio contact provide extra security, and the flexibility to call for boat back-up when required.
For safety reasons, all kayaking is guided.
Our Self-guided Walk is for you if you like maximum flexibility and making your own decisions. Linger on the golden beaches or test your fitness with extra mileage. Boat back-up is available to change the amount of walking each day to suit, if you arrange this before you leave the Lodge each morning.