Why Choose Us
Your safety and comfort is our priority. We take care of the details. You switch off and enjoy.
Let us help you design your ideal holiday.
Share eight generations of our family's experience on this beautiful coast. Our expert Guides and Boat Hosts welcome you to our own Beachfront Lodges, Vista Cruise and Vigour Water Taxis so we can help you choose from our range of walking, sea kayaking and cruising options.
- The best flexibility: Relaxation or adventure, ideal for all ages, interests and abilities. If you are part of a group, you can each book an individual option to suit you, then all meet up at day's end.
- The best view of the coastline: Our Vista Cruise catamaran hugs the stunning Abel Tasman coastline, allowing you to visit hidden coves and tranquil inlets close-up, without impacting on the National Park environment. Panoramic views from comfortable chairs with tables on the upper open deck and sheltered lower viewing deck means there is no compromise on comfort, safety and great views for every guest on our Vista Cruise.
- The best views of nature: We were the first of only three companies to obtain a Department of Conservation (DOC) Concession and Marine Mammal Watching permit in the park. Stay overnight at our Lodges to see the Park after many visitors have left for the day. Moonlit strolls on the beach, stargazing, witness the dawn chorus and much more.
- The best accommodation in a National Park: We operate the only lodges right on the beach within the boundaries of Abel Tasman National Park. After a day as relaxing or adventurous as you choose, come to home a hot shower in your ensuite room while your Hosts prepare a fine meal for you. Be lulled to sleep by the tides, then wake to your choice of full-cooked or continental breakfast selection and of course hot, fresh coffee overlooking the gardens by the sea.
- The best tales of the region's history: The story of our Company is the story of the Nelson region – share our stories to discover a fascinating history of Abel Tasman National Park.
- The best of kiwi culture: With three generations of our family working to make your Abel Tasman experience truly memorable, we’re a family business so you’ll feel right at home with our warm kiwi welcome and genuine hospitality.
- The best care of the environment: We have always been at the heart of the development of responsible, sustainable tourism in New Zealand. See our Environmental Policies.
- The best sea kayaking experience: Sea kayak with the most experienced operators in the Nelson region. All guides are SKOANZ (Sea Kayak Operators Association of New Zealand) qualified or international equivalent and operate to their strict safety guidelines.
- The best connected: Departures daily from Kaiteriteri. Coach transfers available from/to Nelson, Motueka and Marahau.