Our Lodge Manager/Chef, Craig Wilson is looking for a multi-talented person with exceptional cooking skills to assist with hosting guests at our beachfront lodges.
He would like to hear from you as soon as possible to ensure you receive full training in time for the busy summer season.
Each lodge has 14 twin/double ensuite guest rooms plus staff quarters.You will live in the National Park four nights per week on a rolling roster, including weekends and public holidays.
- Qualified chef or previous experience in a small kitchen
- Food handling certificate
- Bar Manager’s certificate
- First Aid certificate
- Driver’s Licence
- Basic computer knowledge
- Fluent English speaker
- Available to work weekends and public holidays
- Work Visa valid to end May 2021
Additional Skills (preferred but not essential)
- Ability to operate small boats with outboard motor. Tractor and quad bike experience, and backing trailers (on-job training available)
- Basic building and maintenance experience
- Experience in a Hotel work place
- Sound knowledge of cleaning methods, environmentally friendly cleaning chemical types and uses on various surfaces.
- A second language
- Cook and serve three meals per day for a set menu, including special diet options. Menus are designed by Craig Wilson.
- Host visitors with a wide range of nationalities, ages and abilities.
- Co-ordinate food and beverage stock-taking and orders with scheduled boat service
- Maintain cleanliness of guest rooms and communal areas to a very high standard whilst ensuring minimum disturbance to guests. You will have a Lodge Operations Assistant and daily/weekly/monthly check sheets to facilitate this.
- Co-ordinate and work with your team mates: Lodge Operations assistant, Reservations Team (based in Motueka), Boat Crew and Guides.
Full training will be given over a 2 week period.
Please send your CV to Craig Wilson [email protected] and tell us why you want to join us. We need a great team to work in this amazing environment so we want to meet you as soon as possible.