Our Lodge Manager/Chef, Craig Wilson is looking for people with a very special set of skills.
You will assist him host Guests at our beachfront lodges within the boundaries of Abel Tasman National Park.
He would like to hear from you as soon as possible to ensure he gets the best team to work in this unique environment.We have two beachfront lodges within the boundaries of Abel Tasman National Park: Torrent Bay Lodge and Meadowbank Homestead at Awaroa. Each lodge has 14 twin/double ensuite guest rooms plus staff quarters.You will live in the National Park four nights per week on a rolling roster, including weekends and public holidays.
- Qualified chef or previous experience in a small kitchen
- Food handling certificate
- Bar Manager’s certificate
- First Aid certificate
- Driver’s License
- Basic computer knowledge
- Fluent English speaker
- Available to work weekends and public holidays
- Work Visa valid to May 2019
Additional Skills (preferred but not essential)
- Ability to operate small boats with outboard motor. Tractor and quad bike experience, and backing trailers (on-job training available)
- Basic building and maintenance experience
- Experience in a Hotel work place
- Sound knowledge of cleaning methods, environmentally friendly cleaning chemical types and uses on various surfaces.
- A second language
- Cook and serve three meals per day for a set menu, including special diet options. Menus are designed Craig Wilson.
- Host visitors with a wide range of nationalities, ages and abilities.
- Co-ordinate food and beverage stock-taking and orders with scheduled boat service
- Maintain cleanliness of guest rooms and communal areas to a very high standard whilst ensuring minimum disturbance to guests. You will have a Lodge Operations Assistant and daily/weekly/monthly check sheets to facilitate this.
- Co-ordinate and work with your team mates: Lodge Operations assistant, Reservations Team (based in Motueka), Boat Crew and Guides.
Full training will be given over a 2 week period.
Please send your CV to Craig Wilson [email protected] and tell us why you want to join us. As we need a great team to work in this amazing environment we want to meet you as soon as possible.