This could be your dream job: guiding in the spectacular Abel Tasman National Park, with sheltered, golden-sand beaches surrounded by lush native forest.
We are a family-owned business, pioneering visitor services in the National Park since 1977. With this long-term vision and established systems we are here to support you and help to expand your work experience.
Our half and full day walk trips depart from Kaiteriteri. We offer brochured products as well as privately guided trips tailored to meet our guest’s needs.
Overnight trips stay at our two beachfront lodges within the boundaries of Abel Tasman National Park: Torrent Bay Lodge and Meadowbank Homestead at Awaroa.
Three-day trips (Walk, Kayak & Walk, and Lodge Stay options) stay one night at each lodge. Five-day trips have two nights at each lodge. Cooks provide meals for both guests and staff. There is boat back-up for lodge supplies and luggage transfers. Guests can join any scheduled boat service to reduce walking time.
Self-guided walkers follow the same itinerary as guided walkers and can ask for assistance about planning their day whilst at the lodges.
• Provide guided walking tours from 2 hours to 5 days in duration.
• Deliver a high level of NZ flora, fauna and history interpretation.
• Ensure that guided activities are conducted in an environmentally sound way.
• Ensure the safe delivery of the company’s guided tours and guided activities.
In addition to guiding, you will assist with light kitchen duties on lodge-based trips.
Walk Guide Minimum Requirements:
- Exceptional knowledge of NZ flora, fauna and history. A tertiary qualification in a natural science will be an advantage.
- Knowledge and ability to follow the company's safety and environmental policies.
- Restricted driver’s license as a minimum.
- A valid first aid certificate.
- NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa
- A Coastguard Day Skipper qualification will be an advantage.
This is full time, fixed term position starting between mid October and early December 2023 and running to early May 2024
Wilsons Abel Tasman National Park Ltd is committed to providing a safe and healthy work place for its employees and guests. In the interests of health and safety, successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
Applications close Sunday 30 July 2023