Wilsons Abel Tasman National Park Ltd is committed to your right to privacy and takes every possible action to ensure any information you provide to us remains confidential. Please read following details of our actions to protect your privacy.
Please note, this policy may change from time to time. We reserve the right to modify this policy and will post any changes on this page. Please check this page regularly to ensure you are aware of what information we collect and how we use it.
If you have any questions or problems with this policy, please contact us.
Information WILSONS ABEL TASMAN may collect:
- Details that you provide by filling in the forms on our Website.
We may collect personal information (for example your name, email address, home address and telephone number) when you subscribe to our newsletter, enter a competition or book a trip with us. We may also ask for more information when you report a problem with the Website.
- Correspondence or a record of it if you contact us.
- Guest questionnaire results and comments.
Your contact details are optional on these forms. You will be asked if we have your permission to use your comments. If so, only your country of residence and date of travel will be used to identify your comments.
- Information collected by us as you use our Website.
Your computer transmits information that may include your IP address, browser data and information we receive from cookies (more information below). Any payments are made through our Secure Server so no details of credit cards or bank accounts are kept by us.
We may used the information collected in the following ways:
- To provide our service(s) to you as a user of the Website, including processing and fulfilling your bookings and enhancing your user experience.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To provide you with newsletters and other information about features of our Website or products which we think may be of interest to you and for related marketing purposes, if you have submitted your contact details to us for these purposes or otherwise provided your consent for us to do so.
- To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- To help diagnose problems with our server, to administer the Website and to monitor the Website for the detection and prevention of fraud.
- To administer any prize draws or competitions you may enter.
- For assessment and analysis (e.g. market, customer and product analysis).
By using our Website and submitting information to WAT you consent to the collection and use of your personal information, only by us, as described above. WAT will never disclose your personal details unless we are obligated by the following exceptional cases:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation and/or in order to enforce or apply any other agreements between you and WILSONS ABEL TASMAN.
- To protect the rights, property or safety of us or other Website users.
- As may be required by a court or competent jurisdiction.
- As required by the laws of New Zealand.
Your rights – Marketing:
You will only receive marketing communications from us if you have consented to this when you provided your contact details to us (or if you have otherwise given consent to us for these purposes).
IP Addresses and Cookies:
How we protect you personal information:
- We do not sell or rent your personal information to a third party.
- We do not receive your personal banking or credit card details if you pay via our Secure Server.
- We cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted through the internet. Transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we use the most up-to-date procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access
Changing your details
You have the right to ask us not to use your personal data for marketing purposes or request that you stop receiving information from us at any time. If you want to be removed from our mailing list, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the word 'remove' in the subject line and the email address that you wish to be removed. We will be sorry to lose contact with you but will take you off our mailing lists within 24 hours.