Wilsons Abel Tasman is the trading name for Wilsons Abel Tasman National Park Limited (“the Operator”).
A. We appreciate your custom and aspire to provide a friendly and safe experience. After discussion with you, we will suggest an itinerary to satisfy your requests, budget and time schedule. We reserve the right to amend the suggested itinerary on the day to further enhance the time that you spend with us, depending on weather and tidal conditions.
B. All activities including those in which you (“I” and “you” “the customer”) have booked to engage (“the activities”) do carry a degree of risk and by participating in the activities provided by the Operator you are expressly assuming those risks personally and to the maximum extent permitted by law you release the Operator and its officers and employees from any liability, claims, losses, damages or expenses caused by any event including but not limited to:
- Personal injury or death;
- Property loss or damage;
- Acts which may be construed as negligent or accidental;
- Any other loss, damage, suffering, emotional or nervous disorder.
1. In participating in the activity, I, the customer, agree to the conditions set out in A and B as above and consent to the Terms and Conditions set out below.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
(a) I agree that my successors, executors, administrators and next-of-kin are bound by the Terms and Conditions;
(b) I agree not to commence any litigation or proceedings in any country in relation to the risks and perils I put myself at and to indemnify the Operator against any such claim;
(c) I confirm that I am physically fit and suffer from no medical conditions which may be aggravated by the activity;
(d) I consent to receive medical treatment in the case of injury, or illness during the activity and to indemnify the Operator against any claims in respect of that treatment;
(e) I agree that any films, sound, video or other records taken of or during the activity will not be used in any promotion or advertising without the prior consent of the Operator, however the Operator may use such recordings itself at its complete discretion without any prior approval from the customer;
(f) I agree to listen to my guide, host, skipper or boat staff, follow their instructions and make sure any children in my care do the same.
2. The Operator accepts no responsibility for any loss or additional expenses arising from changes, delays or cancellations of the services and activities of the Operator.
3. The Operator recommends that all customers have up-to-date travel insurance arrangements in case of unforeseen circumstances.
4. Payment: If paying by credit card, the name that will appear on the cardholder’s statement will be “Wilsons Abel Tasman”. All prices on this website are quoted in New Zealand dollars and include GST.
5. Bookings: Advance bookings are essential for all our Kayak trips and special itineraries. To confirm your reservation full payment must be received.
6. Changes to Booking: Please contact us as soon as possible if you need to change a booking. We will do our best to meet your needs. However we reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee if any part of the activity is cancelled.
7. Special Itinerary and Privately Guided Day Trips Cancellation Conditions:
a) Client Cancels:
- 24+ hours before departure time: rebooking at no extra cost or refund less 15%
- 13 -23 hours before departure time: rebooking incurs 15% penalty or refund less 50%
- Cancellation 12 - 0 hours prior to departure - no refund
- After departure time: NO REFUND or rebooking.
NB Cancellation fee will be calculated on the total package etc Charter, Water Taxi, catering costs etc
b) Wilsons Abel Tasman (WAT) Cancels due to bad weather:
If the weather and sea conditions are doubtful the WAT Guide will make the decision at 8.30 am if the trip will go ahead. If the Guide cancels the trip, guests will be offered:
- Cancel the day's outing altogether - full refund
- Kayaking clients can choose a boat cruie or cruise & walk option, with our without a Guide. In this case, they are refunded the cost of the day less the price of the cruise, any food costs and Guide/Transfer if used.
8. Picnic Lunches:
- Must be ordered at time of booking;
- Must be pre-paid;
- Non-refundable or transferrable from 16 hours of departure.
Food and Beverage Policy:
As our Charter vessel and Lodges are fully licensed, no BYO facility is available
Please check-in at the departure point at least 20 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
10. Other conditions:
Prices are subject to and based upon fares and tariffs, which are, to the best of the Operator’s knowledge correct at the time of issue. This applies also to brochures advertising the Operator’s services. However, prices are subject to price increase and any increases since the date of issue of the brochure are at the cost of the customer payable to the Operator.
Weather can be a challenge and the Operator reserves the right to alter, amend or cancel any tour should weather or any other situation occur which at the sole discretion of the Operator demands alteration, amendment or cancellation.
12. The Operator is not liable for any injury, damage, loss, accident, delay and irregularity which may be occasioned, either by reason of weather, or any defect in any vehicle, vessel or aircraft or through the acts or defaults of any company or persons engaged in conveying passengers or in carrying out organisation or implementation of tours.
All material on this website is copyrighted and cannot be used for any purpose without permission. This website may only be accessed via a standard web browser. Accessing this website via any other method (e.g. web scraping, automation simulation) or using this website or any information from this website as part of any system or for any purpose without our approval may result in user charges being levied.
14. Changes to Terms and Conditions:
The Operator reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time without notifying users of this site.
A deposit of 10% Quoted Package Price (eg. Cruise, Coach, Charter and Catering) is required to secure your booking, with balance due 30 days prior to the date of travel, unless a private arrangement has been confirmed. Payment can be made by direct credit, credit card or cheque.
Please note: A credit card guarantee is required
The Bar Tab will be invoiced after the function if a cash bar is not running. If no formal credit arrangements have been made with Wilsons Abel Tasman, then full payment is required at the conclusion of the Charter or function.
Arrangements can be made to formalise an account charge-back facility. Upon approval of charge back facilities, we will invoice the balance of charges with full payment required within 14 days
Our Direct Credit details:
To pay directly into our bank account: (please ensure bank charges are not deducted).
ANZ Bank, Nelson Branch
Account Name: Wilsons Abel Tasman National Park Ltd
Account Number: 06-0705-0477984 -000
Swift address: ANZBNZ22
Reference: your name
Particulars: our booking number or invoice number
Please email remittance advices to accounts@AbelTasman.co.nz detailing which invoice is being paid.
Final Charter, catering and accommodation numbers are to be advised at the latest 3 working days prior to the start date of your Charter / event. Confirmed numbers will be the minimum charged.
16. Dietary Requirements:
Whilst we try to accommodate most notified special dietary requirements, this is not always possible.
17. Information Pack:
On completion of your booking, you will be emailed a booking confirmation which will include important details about what you can expect, what you need to bring, what is supplied and where you need to be at what time. Please ensure that you read through this information thoroughly to ensure that you are adequately prepared. You are responsible for ensuring that you dress appropriately, that you have appropriate footwear to undertake the activity, and that you are in a fit medical state to undertake the activity.
18. The Operator reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time without notifying customers. Any future bookings you may make will be made subject to the terms and conditions which apply at the time the booking is made, and you are advised to read all the terms and conditions carefully on each occasion prior to making a booking.
19. Governing Law: This website and all component parts, including these Terms and Conditions are covered exclusively by the Laws of New Zealand and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of New Zealand.
BOOK NOW: By ticking ”I have read and understood the Terms and Conditions of Travel“ prior to clicking “Submit Payment” I undertake to be bound by the above Terms and Conditions.