Our fast, safe, comfortable Vista cruising catamarans offer the best services for visitors to Abel Tasman National Park. There is comfortable seating around tables on lower and upper viewing decks. The on-board bars serve hot and cold drinks and a selection of snacks and light meals.
Vista Cruise Day Options Include:
- Cruise only.
- Cruise with beach stop.
- Walking options from 30 minutes to 5 hours.
- Guided sea kayaking.
You must be customer focused with the ability to communicate across a range of nationalities, ages, interests and abilities. You will be available to work weekends and public holidays.
Your Job will include:
- Passenger check-in at our ticket office in Kaiteriteri.
- Passenger meet and greet on the beach and on board the Vista Cruise.
- Ticket collection and reconciliation.
- Food service and stock management on board the Vista Cruise.
- Providing comprehensive information for passengers.
- Assistance with luggage, kayak and freight transfers.
- Daily boat maintenance and cleaning.
- Operating dinghies for passenger transfers and refuelling of vessels.
- Driving tractors to launch and retrieve dinghies.
Full and comprehensive training is provided for all aspects of the position.
- Good computer skills
- Full driver’s license
- Valid first aid certificate
- Coast Guard Day Skippers Qualification or higher marine qualification or be able to obtain this minimum qualification before employment commences.
- NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
- Exceptional customer service and hospitality skills.
- The ability to manage fluctuating work loads.
- The ability to maintain a sense of humor under pressure.
- The desire to provide the best possible experience of the Abel Tasman National Park for your guests and fellow team members.
The position is full time for a fixed term commencing late August/early September 2019, running through to late April 2020.
Wilsons Abel Tasman National Park Ltd is committed to providing a safe and healthy work place for its employees and guests. In the interests of health and safety successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre employment drug and alcohol test.