Go down the page for Group and Catered Booking Conditions.
Wilsons Abel Tasman is the trading name for Wilsons Abel Tasman National Park Limited (“the Operator”).
A. We appreciate your custom and aspire to provide a friendly and safe experience. After discussion with you, we will suggest an itinerary to satisfy your requests, budget and time schedule. We reserve the right to amend the suggested itinerary on the day to further enhance the time that you spend with us, depending on weather and tidal conditions.
B. All activities including those in which you (“I” and “you” “the customer”) have booked to engage (“the activities”) do carry a degree of risk and by participating in the activities provided by the Operator you are expressly assuming those risks personally and to the maximum extent permitted by law you release the Operator and its officers and employees from any liability, claims, losses, damages or expenses caused by any event including but not limited to:
- Personal injury or death;
- Property loss or damage;
- Acts which may be construed as negligent or accidental;
- Any other loss, damage, suffering, emotional or nervous disorder.
1. In participating in the activity, I, the customer, agree to the conditions set out in A and B as above and consent to the Terms and Conditions set out below.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
(a) I agree that my successors, executors, administrators and next-of-kin are bound by the Terms and Conditions;
(b) I agree not to commence any litigation or proceedings in any country in relation to the risks and perils I put myself at and to indemnify the Operator against any such claim;
(c) I confirm that I am physically fit and suffer from no medical conditions which may be aggravated by the activity;
(d) I consent to receive medical treatment in the case of injury, or illness during the activity and to indemnify the Operator against any claims in respect of that treatment;
(e) I agree that any films, sound, video or other records taken of or during the activity will not be used in any promotion or advertising without the prior consent of the Operator, however the Operator may use such recordings itself at its complete discretion without any prior approval from the customer;
(f) I agree to listen to my guide, host, skipper or boat staff, follow their instructions and make sure any children in my care do the same.
2. The Operator accepts no responsibility for any loss or additional expenses arising from changes, delays or cancellations of the services and activities of the Operator.
3. The Operator recommends that all customers have up-to-date travel insurance arrangements in case of unforeseen circumstances.
4. Payment: If paying by credit card, the name that will appear on the cardholder’s statement will be “Wilsons Abel Tasman”. All prices on this website are quoted in New Zealand dollars and include GST.
6. Changes to Booking: Please contact us as soon as possible if you need to change a booking. We will do our best to meet your needs. However we reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee if any part of the activity is cancelled.
7. Group and Catered Booking Conditions:
- 10% of Total Package Price including: boat transport, coach transfers, charters, catering and guides as detailed in quote
- Booking is not confirmed until deposit is received.
- If, subsequent to the deposit being received, final numbers of attendees for your event change, we reserve the right to alter the pricing.
Changes to numbers and itinerary
We need any changes at least 7 working days before you travel with us. This time is needed to obtain the best ingredients from our suppliers and to confirm staffing levels.
- Must be made in writing to [email protected]
- We reserve the right not to accept changes. Maximum and minimum numbers will apply.
- Balance due 30 days prior to date of travel or at time of booking if less than 30 days.
Bar Tabs and Extra Charges during event
If no formal credit arrangements have been made with WAT, full payment is required at the conclusion of the charter or function. If an account charge-back facility is arranged and approved, we will invoice the charges with full payment required within 7 working days. A credit card guarantee is required.
a) Cancellation by client: all cancellations must be received in writing and re-confirmed by us. To cover costs of food and staff in the national park we must charge:
- Up to 30 days before travel date, rebooking at no extra cost or refund less $100 admin fee
- Within 29 - 7 days before travel, rebooking with $100 booking fee or refund less 15% of quoted price
- Within 6 days to 24 hours before departure time, refund less 50% of quoted price
- Cancellation within 24 hours before departure - no refund
- 'No show' or after departure time, no refund or rebooking
Fees are calculated on the total package, including boat transport, coach transfers, charters, equipment hire, catering and guides
b) Cancellation by Wilsons Abel Tasman (WAT)
- If the weather is doubtful the WAT Operations Manager will make the decision 18 hours in advance to put group on notice that forecasts are not favourable.
- At 12 hours prior to departure a final call will be made on the event going ahead with options for alternative activities that we can provide.
- If the trip is cancelled by WAT for any reason, a full refund will be given.
Please check-in at the departure point at least 20 minutes before the scheduled departure time.
9. Other conditions:
Prices are subject to and based upon fares and tariffs, which are, to the best of the Operator’s knowledge correct at the time of issue. This applies also to brochures advertising the Operator’s services. However, prices are subject to price increase and any increases since the date of issue of the brochure are at the cost of the customer payable to the Operator. If there is a tariff increase it will be communicated at time of booking.
Weather can be a challenge and the Operator reserves the right to alter, amend or cancel any tour should weather or any other situation occur which at the sole discretion of the Operator demands alteration, amendment or cancellation. We operate in a marine outdoor environment so clients must be prepared to get wet. A rain coat and a spare set of clothes is recommended.
11. The Operator is not liable for any injury, damage, loss, accident, delay and irregularity which may be occasioned, either by reason of weather, or any defect in any vehicle, vessel or aircraft or through the acts or defaults of any company or persons engaged in conveying passengers or in carrying out organisation or implementation of tours.
All material on this website is copyrighted and cannot be used for any purpose without permission. This website may only be accessed via a standard web browser. Accessing this website via any other method (e.g. web scraping, automation simulation) or using this website or any information from this website as part of any system or for any purpose without our approval may result in user charges being levied.
13. Changes to Terms and Conditions:
The Operator reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time without notifying users of this site.
14. Information Pack:
On completion of your booking, you will be emailed a booking confirmation which will include important details about what you can expect, what you need to bring, what is supplied and where you need to be at what time. Please ensure that you read through this information thoroughly to ensure that you are adequately prepared. You are responsible for ensuring that you dress appropriately, that you have appropriate footwear to undertake the activity, and that you are in a fit medical state to undertake the activity.
15. The Operator reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions at any time without notifying customers. Any future bookings you may make will be made subject to the terms and conditions which apply at the time the booking is made, and you are advised to read all the terms and conditions carefully on each occasion prior to making a booking.
16. Governing Law: This website and all component parts, including these Terms and Conditions are covered exclusively by the Laws of New Zealand and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of New Zealand.
BOOK NOW: By ticking ”I have read and understood the Terms and Conditions of Travel“ prior to clicking “Submit Payment” I undertake to be bound by the above Terms and Conditions.