Delicious, satisfying cuisine is a highlight of our trips.
We’re lucky to live in a region blessed with fantastic produce, so our menus are created to make the most of seasonal, local flavours.
Let us know if you have dietary needs before you travel with us. Our chefs will create special meals for you.
These are examples only. Menus vary according to the season and availability of local supply.
- Omelette with bacon and grilled tomato
- Toasted fruit muesli or gluten-free cereal
- Porridge Pot
- Fresh fruit salad
- Organic yoghurt
- Toast bread selection (including gluten-free and Paleo) with local honey and other spreads
Picnic lunch prepared at our lodges
Your chef creates a delicious filled roll, croissant or wrap, then choose your own snacks: packet of crisps, local fresh fruit, Crafty Weka Bar (fruit, nuts and more), chocolate fish (a traditional Kiwi favourite sweet treat), free range hard boiled egg.
Click here for picnic lunches included in Day 1 for lodge-based trips and available to purchase on day trips.
A selection of tasty, New Zealand pre-dinner nibbles.
Tease your taste buds with a freshly prepared salad and baguette bread. One example is a roasted pear and toasted walnut salad served with rocket, celery and shaved Pecorino cheese.
Your choice of:
- Fish of the day - smoked salmon, charred courgette, crushed lemon baked potatoes, citrus & shallot mayonnaise, or
- Warm lamb salad, roast pumpkin and capsicum, feta cheese, rocket, grilled shallot, balsamic dressing, or
- Roasted eggplant & tomato, roasted kumara chips, spinach, garlic & chickpea crumb, basil pesto.
Your choice of:
- Baked vanilla cheescake with berry compote, or
- Almond & orange cake, or
- Local cheeseboard selection.
Help yourself to fresh fruit, homemade biscuits, fruit juice, hot drinks including Nelson organic teas and fair trade coffee & hot chocolate
Links to Lodge Wine Lists: