Delicious, satisfying cuisine is a highlight of our trips.
We’re lucky to live in a region blessed with fantastic produce, so Wilsons menus are created to make the most our seasonal, local flavours.
Please note that our chefs can cater for special dietary needs.
- Omelette with bacon and grilled tomato
- Homemade toasted muesli, granola or gluten-free cereal
- Whole oat porridge with cream
- Fresh fruit salad
- Greek or soy yoghurt
- Toast bread selection (including gluten-free and Paleo) with local honey and other spreads
For exploration days:
- Your chef creates a delicious filled roll, croissant or wrap.
Choose your own snacks:
- Motueka-made apple crisps or boysenberry noodles
- Nelson’s delicious Proper Crisps
- Local cheese with crackers
- Local fresh fruit
- Home-baked date loaf
- Dried fruits, trail mix, energy bars
- Free range hard boiled egg
The classic Kiwi barbecue, prepared by your chef:
- Motueka grass-fed beef mince kebab with yoghurt sauce
- Motueka lamb and mint sausages
- Homemade crispy vegetable fritters with avocado sauce
- Bulgar wheat salad
- Asian-style coleslaw
- Sasha’s special Russian potato salad
- Freshly baked bread
Pre-dinner nibbles: fresh spring rolls with king prawns and local herbs served with chilli dipping sauce
Entree: Robbie’s Greek salad – goat feta, kalamata olives, vine tomato & Lebanese cucumber
Main your choice of:
- Fish of the day (Tasman Bay gurnard, pan seared with butter & white pepper served with fresh lemon from the chef's orchard), or
- Roasted organic free-range chicken rolled in polenta crumb served with a tasty poultry reduction, or
- Vegan/vegetarian spicy Italian sausage with homemade corn risotto cake served with a creamy whipped carrot and cumin smash
All served with twice-baked jacket potatoes with butter & cream cheese and a roasted green bean, chickpea & cashew nut salad.
Dessert: Orange creme caramel
Cheeseboard: Nelson hand-made gorgonzola & smoked caciocavallo with homemade crackers & dried fruit
Always available – just help yourself
- Fresh fruit, homemade biscuits, fruit juice, hot drinks including Nelson organic loose-leaf teas and fair trade coffee & hot chocolate
Click here for the Lodge Wine List, featuring local beers and wines.