Delicious, satisfying cuisine is a highlight of our trips.
We’re lucky to live in a region blessed with fantastic produce, so our menus are created to make the most of seasonal, local flavours.
Let us know if you have dietary needs before you travel with us. Our chefs will create special meals for you.
These are examples only. Menus vary according to the season and availability of local supply.
- Omelette with bacon and grilled tomato
- Homemade toasted muesli, granola or gluten-free cereal
- Whole oat porridge with cream
- Fresh fruit salad
- Greek or soy yoghurt
- Toast bread selection (including gluten-free and Paleo) with local honey and other spreads
Lodge-Based Picnic lunch
- Your chef creates a delicious filled roll, croissant or wrap.
Choose your own snacks:
- Motueka-made apple crisps or boysenberry noodles
- Nelson’s delicious Proper Crisps
- Local cheese with crackers
- Local fresh fruit
- Home-baked date loaf
- Dried fruits, trail mix, energy bars
- Free range hard boiled egg
The classic Kiwi barbecue, prepared by your chef for special occasions:
- Motueka grass-fed beef mince kebab with yoghurt sauce
- Motueka lamb and mint sausages
- Homemade crispy vegetable fritters with avocado sauce
- Bulgar wheat salad
- Asian-style coleslaw
- Sasha’s special Russian potato salad
- Freshly baked bread
Click here for picnic lunches included in Day 1 for lodge-based trips and available to purchase on day trips.
Pre-dinner nibbles: fresh spring rolls with king prawns and local herbs served with chilli dipping sauce
Entree: Robbie’s Greek salad – goat feta, kalamata olives, vine tomato & Lebanese cucumber
Main your choice of:
- Fish of the day (Tasman Bay gurnard, pan seared with butter & white pepper served with fresh lemon from the chef's orchard), or
- Roasted organic free-range chicken rolled in polenta crumb served with a tasty poultry reduction, or
- Vegan/vegetarian spicy Italian sausage with homemade corn risotto cake served with a creamy whipped carrot and cumin smash
All served with twice-baked jacket potatoes with butter & cream cheese and a roasted green bean, chickpea & cashew nut salad.
Dessert: Orange creme caramel
Cheeseboard: Nelson hand-made gorgonzola & smoked caciocavallo with homemade crackers & dried fruit
Always available – just help yourself
- Fresh fruit, homemade biscuits, fruit juice, hot drinks including Nelson organic loose-leaf teas and fair trade coffee & hot chocolate
Links to Lodge Wine Lists: