Competition Terms and Conditions
Win a 3-Day Break for 2 people with Wilsons Abel Tasman valued at $2,700*
*Starting and finishing in Nelson. Travel to Nelson not included. Prize to be taken between 2/12/13 and 1/5/14 excluding the period 26/12/13 - 20/1/14.
In these Terms and Conditions, the Promoter is North and South Magazine, the Operator is Abel Tasman Wilson’s Experiences Ltd trading as Wilsons Abel Tasman National Park
- Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the Terms and Conditions. Entry into this competition deeds acceptance of these Terms and conditions.
- To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to this competition, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
Who can enter
- Entry is open to any North and South reader
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or older as at the date of entry.
How to enter
- For details and entry, visit www.AbelTasman.co.nz/comp.
- Alternatively, write on the back of an envelope: your name, address, phone and/or email and tell us in 10 words or less why you think this would be a great holiday. Post to North & South Competition, PO Box 351, Motueka 7143.
- Entries must include all requested details to be eligible to win and must be received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date and time.
- The competition commences on 14 October 2013 and closes midnight 1 December 2013 NZST. The winner will be the best valid entry drawn at the Operator's premises on 2 December 2013 at 10 am NZST. The Promoter may select additional entries to be used as replacements in the event that the first entrant chosen as winner cannot satisfy these Terms and conditions or take a prize.
- The winner will be notified by phone and/or email.
- Details for winning prize redemption will emailed or posted on the day of prize draw.
Prize on Offer
- Total prize value is NZ$2700 up to 1/5/14. One (1) winner and travelling companion (share twin accommodation) on a scheduled 3-Day Walking Break with Wilsons Abel Tasman (trading name for Abel Tasman Wilson’s Experiences Ltd)
- If the Promoter is unable to contact the winner by 6 December 2013, that winner will forfeit the prize in its entirety and the prize shall be awarded the next runner up in the promotion. The Promoter will not be liable for a winner who cannot be contacted and therefore forfeits their prize and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Prize must be taken between 2/12/13 and 1/5/14 excluding the period 26/12/13 - 20/1/14. In the event a winner does not take the prize by the time stipulated, then the entire prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
- The winner and travelling partner, are entitled to the prize.
- In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
- A 3-Day Break with Wilsons Abel Tasman includes (per person): Scenic boat cruise along Abel Tasman coast and any extra boat back-up on scheduled services; meals prepared and served by Lodge Hosts from lunch on Day 1 to lunch on Day 2 (dinners, breakfasts, picnic lunches, snacks, fresh fruit, morning and afternoon teas); twin share accommodation with ensuite bathroom at Beachfront Lodges; luggage transfers and luggage storage; Lodge luggage bag (yours to keep); day packs to borrow; Guided walking options; track notes if required; scheduled coach transfers from and to Motueka or Nelson.
- Unless expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions all other expenses are the responsibility of the winner and companion including but not limited to flights, current passports, visas, meals, spending money, transport to and from Nelson city, transfers, alcoholic drinks, incidentals, laundry, telephone calls, activities, airport taxes (including departure taxes), fuel surcharges, energy surcharges, gratuities, services charges, travel insurance, pre and post accommodation, optional activities or excursions and all other ancillary costs, including sea kayaking.
- By entering the competition, and by collecting a prize, the winner acknowledges and accepts that driving, travel and any other activities comprising the prize, are inherently dangerous and may result in death, injury, incapacity, damage to property or other losses. The Promoter is not responsible for any acts of god, such as adverse weather conditions or industrial action or civil commotion that may occur whilst the winner is travelling. It is the responsibility of the prize-winner to enquire about local conditions prior to travel. The Promoter does not guarantee that the winner will enjoy the travel prize or be suited to the type of travel prize that is offered.
- Accommodation is twin share room. Travel arrangements to and from the winner’s home to Nelson city do not form part of the prize. Winner must book a minimum of 21 days in advance of a 3-Day Walk departure.
- Winner consents to Promoter and Operator using their image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products and services distributed and/or supplied by Promoter and Operator.
Further Terms and Conditions
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions if this competition cannot be run as originally planned. The Promoter may also cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
- The Promoter, Operator and their associated agencies and companies will not be liable or responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems of the phone or of any phone network, or any misadventure, accident, injury, loss (including but not limited to consequential loss) or claim that may occur; whilst undertaking any travel won on or connected with their entry; in the participation in any prize; as a consequence of late, lost or misdirected mail, email SMS or phone call; due to the broadcast of any program relating to the competition or the publication of any material, including any statements made by any compere, staff member, journalist, other entrants or any other person; any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer software or phone; or any combination thereof, related to or resulting from participation or sending or receiving of any communication or of any materials in this competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right to rejudge in the event of an entrant, claiming to be a winner, being unable to satisfy these Terms and Conditions.
- The Promotor’s decision in relation to any aspect of the competition is final and binding on each person who enters. No correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost or misdirected entries. Prizes are subject to availability, not transferable or exchangeable for cash. A prize voucher will be sent to the winner’s nominated address as stated in their original entry. The Promoter and their associated agencies, and companies associated with this promotion will take no responsibility for vouchers damaged or lost in transit.
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
- North and South Magazine, Abel Tasman Wilson’s Experiences Ltd and related entities collect entrants’ personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this competition (including but not limited to determining and notifying winners) and, if you consent, for the purpose of Promoter and Operator sending you promotional and direct marketing material in relation to products and services that could be of interest to you. However, we do respect your right to direct us not to do this if and when any future communication is sent to you. We do not sell personal information to other organisations.
- In participating in the prizes, the winners agree to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to the Competition, including but not limited to being interviewed and photographed. The winner and companion agree to granting the promoter a perpetual and non-exclusive licence to use such footage and photographs in all media worldwide, including online social networking sites, and the winner and companion will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- Prize winners are advised that tax implications may arise from their prize winnings and they should seek independent financial advice prior to acceptance of that prize.
- The Operators reserve the right to alter, amend or cancel any tour should weather or any other situation demand this. Wilsons Abel Tasman finalise all tour arrangements upon the express condition that they will not be liable for any injury, damage, loss, accident, delay or irregularity which may be occasioned, either by reason of weather, or any defect in vehicle, vessel or aircraft or though the acts or defaults of any company or persons engaged in conveying passengers or in carrying out the arrangements of the tours.