This is your opportunity to join one of the leading visitor service operators in the country, working along the spectacular Abel Tasman National Park coast.
Our Vista Cruise service operates two catamaran launches: Abel Tasman Voyager (20 metres, 140 passengers) and the VII (17 metres, 75 passengers)
We are looking for the right person to Skipper the VII. You will be part of our team that includes Boat Hosts, Lodge Hosts, Guides and Reservationists.
To suit the seasonal nature of the tourism industry you will have a full-time roster over the summer months, with possible part-time work in the low season.
• Skipper Restricted Limits with 24m Endorsement and Unlimited Passenger Endorsement, or equivalent or higher commercial sea farer qualification.
• Current first aid certificate.
• Good mechanical knowledge.
• Full drivers licence.
• Able to function well in a high demand, high pressure role.
• NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
• Previous experience operating vessels over 18 metres, cruising up to 24 knots
• Excellent customer service and an ability to relate to people from a wide range of nationalities and backgrounds.
• Competent in the use of computers.
• Knowledge of New Zealand Flora, Fauna and History
We are committed to providing a safe and healthy work place for its employees and guests. In the interests of health and safety successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre employment drug and alcohol test.