We operate 17 and 20 metre, 75 – 140 passenger ferries on scheduled runs in Abel Tasman National Park between Kaiteriteri and Totaranui. As a Skipper, you will be part of our team that includes Boat Hosts, Lodge Hosts, Guides and Reservationists.
For immediate start, this is a long-term position. To suit the seasonal nature of the tourism industry you will have a full-time roster over the summer months, with part-time work in the low season. With further training and upskilling, this could extend to full time work, year-round.
• Skipper Restricted Limits with 24m Endorsement and Unlimited Passenger Endorsement, or equivalent or higher commercial sea farer qualification.
• Current first aid certificate.
• Good mechanical knowledge.
• Full drivers licence.
• Able to function well in a high demand, high pressure role.
• NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
• Previous experience operating vessels over 18 metres, cruising up to 24 knots
• Excellent customer service and an ability to relate to people from a wide range of nationalities and backgrounds.
• Competent in the use of computers.
• Knowledge of New Zealand Flora, Fauna and History
Hours of Work:
• Average 8-12 hours per day operating 3 scheduled runs
• Extra hours for charters and routine maintenance
• Rostered 3 to 4 days on and 2 to 3 days off.
We are committed to providing a safe and healthy work place for its employees and guests. In the interests of health and safety successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre employment drug and alcohol test.