10.30 am Vista Cruise *NEW*
Relax on our new Vista II catamaran with a leisurely start. Early return to Kaiteriteri, including a walk. Kayak options also available.
- Availability: High Season (1 Oct - 30 April)
- Best For: Relaxing with a beach stop
- Cruise: Kaiteriteri - Totaranui return
- Start: 10.30 am
- Finish: 2.40 pm
- Cost: A $76, C(5-14 yrs) $38, under 5 free. On-line booking *prepay saver $73.
Cruise from Kaiteriteri and follow the spectacular coast to Tonga Quarry Marine Reserve. Pause for photographs at Split Apple Rock and Tonga Island seal colony. Take the opportunity to go ashore on a golden beach, or relax on board the boat before returning to Kaiteriteri.
Our scenic cruises feature:
- Front loading ramp for easy, safe, comfortable beach transfers
- Comfortable seating with chairs around tables on upper and lower viewing decks.
- With its shallow draft, our catamaran hugs the shore, travelling in close to idyllic, golden beaches and making the most of the viewing opportunities offered by the crystal clear shallows
- Your skipper provides interpretative commentary throughout your cruise to introduce you to the natural highlights and fascinating history of the area
- You can choose, sun and fresh air on the top deck, or relax on the sheltered lower deck
- The onboard licensed cafe, serves a seasonal menu of tasty light meals and snacks to accompany your selection of hot or cold beverages
*PREPAY online or by phone at least 2 hours before sailing to SAVE $3 PER ADULT ($1.50 per child). Prices valid to 30 September 2019.
10.10 am: Check in at our Ticket Booth at Kaiteriteri. If you have already exchanged your booking confirmation for a boarding ticket, please check in at the boat.
10.30 am: Boat departs Kaiteriteri to cruise along the spectacular granite coast, to Split Apple Rock. Pause for photographs then continue along the Astrolabe Roadstead to call into Torrent Bay and Anchorage Beach. Stay onboard to cruise into Tonga Island Marine Reserve, and watch the antics of seals at Tonga Island Seal Colony.
12.40 pm: Boat turns around at Totaranui.
1.25 - 2.00 pm: Boat waits at Anchorage Beach. You can choose to go ashore or stay onboard. Enjoy a succulent barbecue lunch if you book the day before travel.
2.00 pm: Depart Anchorage to cruise through the Astrolabe Roadstead, pausing the view seals playing on Adele Island.
2.40 pm: Return to Kaiteriteri