Kayak Kaiteriteri Highlights (Afternoon Trip)
Your choice for: an introduction to the fun of kayaking. An ideal adventure for families and first-time paddlers beside the golden sands of Kaiteriteri Beach. Minimum age 8 years.
- Availability: All year
- Best For: First time, easy paddling
- Cruise: 0
- Walk: From the carpark to the beach
- Kayak: 1 hour
- Start: 1.00 pm
- Finish: 3.00 pm
- Cost: Adult $78, Child $52 (8-14 yrs)
Discover the golden beaches and spectacularly sculpted granite headlands and islands of the famous Abel Tasman Coast without leaving the shelter of Kaiteriteri Bay. Your Guide introduces you to the fun of kayaking with full instructions and safety brief. You don't need any previous experience, and we supply all the technical equipment you need.
- Stable double kayak so two people share the paddling effort. If you are travelling on your own, your Guide will find you a suitable paddling partner.
- Spray jacket
- Buoyancy aid
- Dry bags for spare clothing and camera gear but please note we cannot guarantee to keep sensitive electronic equipment dry
- Maximum 8 people per Guide
Click the Itinerary Tab above for full details of your trip.
For more adventurous kayaking, and to view seals from your kayak, please see our Adele Island Birdsong & Seals.
Prices valid to 30 September 2019.
1.00 pm Check in at our Kaiteriteri ticket booth to meet your Guide.
On the golden beach sands of Kaiteriteri Beach, your friendly, expert Guide settles you into a stable double kayak with full instructions and safety brief. Then, it's onto the water to explore and have fun, confident you can enjoy a safe paddling experience. Your Guide knows all the best, secret spots taking into account the tides, weather and your interests and abilities. Watch out for our resident Blue Penguins and other sea birds along the coast.
3.00 pm return to the main beach at Kaiteriteri.
Time includes full instruction and breaks with up to 1 hours paddling.