We pride ourselves on maintaining very high standards of cleanliness so we are looking for a highly motivated person to assist our chefs with housekeeping duties at our beachfront lodges: Torrent Bay Lodge and Meadowbank Homestead at Awaroa.
Each lodge has 14 twin/double ensuite guest rooms plus staff quarters. There is no road access so you will live in the National Park four nights per week on a rolling roster, including weekends and public holidays.
- Sound knowledge of cleaning methods and procedures.
- First Aid certificate
- Driver’s License
- Basic computer knowledge
- Must be available to work weekends and public holidays
ADDITIONAL SKILLS (preferred but not essential)
- Experience in a busy Hotel work place
- Food handling knowledge
- Sound knowledge of cleaning methods, environmentally friendly cleaning chemical types and uses on various surfaces
- A second language
- Host visitors with a wide range of nationalities, ages and abilities.
- Maintain cleanliness of guest rooms and communal areas to a very high standard whilst ensuring minimum disturbance to guests.
- Adhere to daily/weekly/monthly check sheets and stock-taking requirements.
- Assist chef with kitchen duties as required.
- Co-ordinate work with your team mates: Chef, reservations team (based in Motueka), boat crew and guides.
Full training will be given over a 2 week period.
This position is full time for a fixed term, commencing immediately and continuing through to late April 2020.