We pride ourselves on maintaining very high standards of cleanliness so we are looking for a highly motivated person to assist our chefs with housekeeping duties at our beachfront lodges: Torrent Bay Lodge and Meadowbank Homestead at Awaroa.
Each lodge has 14 twin/double ensuite guest rooms plus staff quarters. There is no road access so you will live in the National Park four nights per week on a rolling roster, including weekends and public holidays.
Your accommodation and all meals are provided at lodges.
As we are also looking for Chefs, we are happy to consider couples for the positions of Chef and Lodge Operations Assistant.
- Sound knowledge of cleaning methods and procedures.
- First aid certificate
- Driver’s license
- Basic computer knowledge
- Must be available to work weekends and public holidays
- Work visa valid to end May 2022
ADDITIONAL SKILLS (preferred but not essential)
- Experience in a busy hotel work place
- Food handling knowledge
- Sound knowledge of cleaning methods, environmentally friendly cleaning chemical types and uses on various surfaces
- A second language
- Host visitors with a wide range of nationalities, ages and abilities.
- Maintain cleanliness of guest rooms and communal areas to a very high standard whilst ensuring minimum disturbance to guests.
- Adhere to daily/weekly/monthly check sheets and stock-taking requirements.
- Assist chef with kitchen duties as required.
- Co-ordinate work with your team mates: Chef, reservations team (based in Motueka), boat crew and guides.
Full training will be given over a 2 week period.
This position is full time for a fixed term, commencing immediately and continuing through to late April 2020.