To be successful in this position you must be customer focused with the ability to communicate across a range of nationalities, ages, interests and abilities. You must be available to work weekends and public holidays. Your Job will include:
- Passenger coach driving to and from Nelson and the Abel Tasman National Park.
- Meet and greet passengers at their accommodation, on the beach and on board the Vista Cruise.
- Utilising our online booking system for booking and ticketing.
- Food service and stock management on board the Vista Cruise.
- Providing comprehensive information for passengers.
- Assistance with luggage, kayak and freight transfers.
- Daily vehicle and boat maintenance and cleaning.
Full and comprehensive training is provided for all aspects of the position.
- Class 1 drivers licence, held for two or more years.
- Small vehicle passenger endorsement or able to obtain this before commencing employment.
- Good computer skills
- Valid first aid certificate
- Coast Guard Day Skippers Qualification or higher marine qualification (The Coastguard Day Skipper is easy to obtain and does not require previous boating experience, go to www.boatingeducation.org.nz/courses/1/day-skipper/ for more information).
- Class 2 driver's licence.
- Large vehicle passenger endorsement or able to obtain this before commencing.
- Exceptional customer service and hospitality skills.
- The ability to manage fluctuating work loads.
- The ability to maintain a sense of humour under pressure.
- The desire to provide the best possible experience of the Abel Tasman National Park for your guests and fellow team members.
The position is full time for a fixed term commencing on Monday the 14th of October 2019 and finishing on Tuesday the 31st of March 2020.
Wilsons Abel Tasman National Park Ltd is committed to providing a safe and healthy work place for its employees and guests. In the interests of health and safety successful applicants will be required to undertake a pre employment drug and alcohol test.